Thursday, February 15, 2007

She's not ready for fondue, but...






























So we're eating sandwiches from the deli and Maia reached out for the food, like she always does. Usually, I give her what she points to but she shuts her mouth really tight and turns away. This time, I put a pickle up to her mouth and she licked it. She opened her mouth over and over and sucked on it and bit it. She's shunned pizza, yogurt, cheese, applesauce, chocolate icing, even ice cream! So, her first food is a pickle. She doesn't like them cold though, just room temperature. Now, what is similar in taste and consistency that I can try next??? What a great Valentine's Day!










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yipppppeeeeee!!!! I am so happy-pickles are my favorite too Miss Maia!!! Lexie doesn't love sweets either, she would rather have salty or meat. How about cucumbers? Cut up really small? My BF son loved cucumbers when he was a toddler. Asparagus? I am trying to think of slimy foods! Lexie really likes deli ham and mandarin oranges(makes interesting stuff coming out!!). If I think of any other slimy sour salty foods I will email you-ha! (sauerkraut?)