Friday, June 13, 2008

Saying goodbye to school friends

As you can see from the ticker at the top of the blog we are moving to SC in a few weeks. Although this is a postive move with many family members waiting for us with open arms, the goodbyes are killing us! First we had the last day of school where the boys cried and hugged their friends who have been in their lives for the past 6-7 years. My poor boys are so afraid that they won't meet any friends as good as the ones here. My students and I were also pretty teary at dismissal...lots of hugs. Then I had to say goodbye to those who have been my friends and colleagues for the past 6 years. Some were quick, like my funny friend Mary saying she was going to stay in denial as she waved and yelled "See ya!" from the parking lot, to my wonderful friend Denise who broke down sobbing when I turned in my key. I had a day full of cards in my mailbox and notes on my desk. Lots of hugs and memories. My team gave me a generous gift to help me get started in my new classroom. Saying goodbye to them was really difficult.

Today was Maia's last day at school. We have been a BN family since Dylan started there 8 years ago. As is very uncommon in the daycare world, many of the same teachers are still there today! There is no way to actually put into words how amazing these people are. Their professionalism is only outdone by their unbelievable LOVE for children. I mean they really LOVE these children. Everyone who works in that school has literally taken care of Maia as if she were their own child. I feel bad for the next child care center who has to fill BN's shoes. Thanks Chell and Sherri and Tricia for loving my baby girl and helping her grow. You are my heroes. We will NEVER forget you.


Finally, most people take pictures of their kids on the first day of school. I never have time to do that because their first day is my first day too. But, I did take pictures of Maia on her last day at BN Childcare. Now that Maia is gone, maybe some of the other kids can get some Cheez-its! Is that powdered sugar I see on her face? Hmm...

So much love for one little girl....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bittersweet times for sure! Surely you are loved in your old and new homes!

Anonymous said...

are you guys headed to HHI? what about suzanne, is she still in FL?

Disfam said...

I don't see any powdered sugar and don't know what you are talkinga bout. She is just following in the tradition of Devin. We love her so much and will miss her smile everday. I hope everything works out great in your new place for all of you. Tell devin and Dylan I know they'll be great and make tons of new friends. I love them too.

JinXiu said...

WOW----------- SC HOW WONDERFUL. WHAT A GREAT ADVENTURE. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR MOVE

STACI