Saturday, November 21, 2009

rotten apples

I started this blog 3 years ago to document our trip to China to adopt Maia. I kept it going after returning home because family and friends, near and far, wanted to stay in the "loop". I also use the blog as an online baby book. It is also a wonderful community to be a part of...the adoption bloggers. It is so amazing to find a blog and follow someone to their child and help each other navigate this journey called "parenthood". It is also a wonderful connection for Maia, as we stay in touch with other Xuwen families and our travel group.

Although I keep our last name and the name of our town out of my posts, I am fully aware that I am putting my family "out there", so to speak. I decided long ago that the second something/someone made me uncomfortable, I would reevaluate the settings of my blog.

Well, 2 events have occurred that have made me uncomfortable. One, is that someone names "LOTZAADS" is now a follower of my blog. I don't know who you are and have no way of contacting you to ask you who you are. If I do know you, I apologize...please email me! Secondly, I received my first (and only) creepy comment in 3 years. Someone called "123 123" left a comment with an inappropriate link. (I did not click on it, but the name of the link says it all). ***If someone knows how to delete a comment, and/or get rid of a follower please let me know!**

As for now, I just activated comment moderation and will consider setting the blog to private. It's such a shame because we can all learn so much from each other. Unfortunately, there are rotten apples out there with nothing better to do than ruin our fun. :)

1 comment:

JinXiu said...

due to a situation my blog is going back to private. Please sign up so you can get access to the blog
If you send me your email address i will send you an invitation
jospey@aol.com

thanks

Staci

Ps--If you have any problems signing up please let me know